How to create positive change and build a successful business with the inspirational Murray Saylor.
Murray Saylor is a proud Torres Strait Islander and Samsep clan member from Darnley Island (Erub). Murray is the founder and Managing Director of Tagai Management Consultants (TMC). Murray is an action-oriented procurement and sustainable community specialist, trainer, mentor and volunteer with over 20 years in the Government, Mining and business sector experience in Australia and within our global village. Murray is a member of the Australian delegation of the ISO20400: Sustainable Procurement Committee. In addition, Murray served in the Australian Army Reserve as a Commissioned Officer working in finance administration roles.
A glimpse into the episode:
“What I’m trying to do as an Indigenous business or first nation business is really hold onto culture. Because how are we meant to sustain it if we aren’t holding those values true to ourselves to educate brothers and sisters who aren’t Indigenous.” – Murray Saylor
Murray’s favourite book(s):
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go – Dr Seuss
- The Leadership Secrets of Genghis Khan – John Man
- Long Walk to Freedom – Nelson Mandala
What you will learn from Murray:
- How Murray overcame personal and social problems to start and run a successful business.
- How you can start a business from a napkin.
- Ethical business practices, and why Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander entrepreneurs should avoid “black cladding”.
- Building a business on the foundations of culture and creating positive social change.